Honey Bee Jar!

I had this glass jar that I thought looks like a honey jar that I intended to use on another craft but that craft never got made. I thought of making a faux honey jar and add these cute bee lights inside.

So I cleaned and dried the jar then initially I had mixed the clear glue and honey colored acrylics together like I had when I did the faux stain glass but I realized it wasn’t working right. So instead I mixed and poured my acrylic paint into the jar and then poured the clear glue inside and kept swirling the jar for the coverage that I liked. I didn’t want it to look perfect but rather as if honey had dripped everywhere. I did use some clear glue and acrylic paint together and drip it on the outside of the jar as well.

Now it took a few days of swirling the paint / glue mixture to get the right coverage and to get the glue and paint to dry but the look is really nice in my opinion. After it was dry I positioned the honey stirrer to prop the lid up and open and once I knew how I liked it I removed the stirrer and positioned these cute little string of bee lights inside the jar and some escaping it. Once that was done I put the honey stirrer and lid back on and voila.

This is a simple and cute decoration that’s quick to do apart from the paint and glue drying time!   

·         Glass Jar- $1 at Dollar Tree

·         Clear Glue- $1.44 at Walmart

·         Golden Yellow and Brown Acrylic Paints- a few dollars at Michaels

·         Bee Lights- $5.88 at Walmart

·         Honey Stirrer- little over $1 at a local kitchen store




Comments

Popular Posts