Jewelry Organizer!

This is a jewelry organizer I made for my sister a few years ago, 2019 I believe. I saw someone do something similar on YouTube at the time I believe, or it may have been Pinterest, not sure anymore. So, I like it but I know what I could have done to make it even better. My sister loved it, but I wish I could have made it look higher end. To have made it better I should have used 2 frames as I do for my shadow boxes, but I only used one and then couldn’t find a second just like it at dollar tree, so I had to make do with just one frame.

I wanted to do a broken glass look around the frame, but I didn’t have any broken glass at the time and I was nervous to do that, so I tried to make do with these golden cut shards of confetti I found on clearance at Walmart. I used glue and attached it to the inner edge of the frame but not in an organized way, so it looks more organic. I used strips of sticker pearls I had gotten at Dollar Tree, pink and white ones, along the edge and top I put them on, but it was then I realized I might have wanted more of the golden confetti, but I had put the stickers down already and I didn’t want to have to remove them and start over, so I left them as is.

 The washi tape along the back is to add an additional coordinating color but also to mask a bit of the back that was not wanting to stay closed because of the inside which would not have been a problem had I glued two frames together in the first place but honestly the back isn’t seen on her dresser, so it wasn’t bad.

Now to the part that was a little difficult for me, the actual area to hold the jewelry. So, I bought some thin hair rollers at Dollar Tree, not the thick stout foam rollers but these long thin ones. I took some fabric material I had left over from making my sister a pillow that is the high fashion pillow on this blog. I had to measure and cut the rollers to size for the frame and then I took the fabric and hot glued it around the hair rollers and that would be simple but mine didn’t want to adhere and so I had to use more glue which was making it feel a bit bumpy. It was trial and error before I could get the glue to really stick to the rollers.

 Final step was to put the fabric rollers in the glassless frame and hot glue them on the back to stay put. Once that was done I put the frame backer on which wasn’t fully staying on so cue the washi tape. So all in all I like it but I know what I would do differently next time. But I do like it and it holds rings, ear rings or any type of jewelry very well in between the rollers!

 

  • Picture Frame- $1.25 at Dollar Tree, I find they have a wider variety of sizes, shapes and colors and theirs stay together for crafts better as well.
  • Pink and White Pearl Stickers- $1.25 each at Dollar Tree, they come in varying sized packs, and they have so many different types of stickers now.
  • Golden Confetti- $0.50 or $0.75 on clearance at Walmart
  • Washi Tape- $1 or $2 at Walmart at the time
  • Long Thin Hair Rollers- $1.25 at Dollar Tree
  • High Fashion Fabric- $4.44 a Yard at Walmart







Comments

Popular Posts